Romania: New equipment leads to greening of air filter manufacturing
The project contributes to the Alwo Therm upgrade of the technological production flow, increase in productivity and optimisation of production costs together with the reduction in hazardous emissions generated by the company’s activities.
The green elements from the project are beneficial to Alwo Therm. With the new equipment it has been possible to reduce harmful greenhouse gasses, and to reduce the company’s own emission and improve their sustainability. This will also represent a positive, green impact at client level (companies and their employees which will purchase Alwo Therm's installations), since the new equipment will allow the improvement of the Applicant's products.
Results from the project:
- Estimated increase in profitability by 38% by the end of 2022.
- Annual decrease of CO2 emissions from 88,5 tons of CO2 to 54 in 2019 and 39 tons of CO2 in 2023.
- Estimated annual decrease in energy consumption from 147 MW/h in 2019 to 110 MW/h in 2023.
- Three new jobs created by 2022.
- Estimated annual decrease of chemicals (volatile organic compounds) emissions from 250 kg to 20kg by 2023.
The SMEs Growth Programme in Romania
The project is supported by Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein through the EEA and Norway Grants. See more opportunities under the Romania - SMEs Growth Programme.