Romania: Greener manufacturing of windows and doors
Established in the North-East Region of Romania, Izotec has got 18 years of experience in the production of PVC windows and doors.
The implementation of this project financed by the EEA and Norway Grants allowed them to produce more quantitatively and with better environmental results.
Izotec became more competitive as a result of the EEA and Norway Grants and the company is on their way of achieving their objectives:
- Increasing windows and doors production capacity and products quality (passive house compatible windows, lighter and higher transparency windows, front doors, lift-slide doors)
- Strengthening Izotec’s brand image as a company supporting environmental protection by decreasing its CO2 emissions and offering greener products for the market
Watch Izotec's video testimonial
Expected project results
By implementing this innovative and new-to-company technology, Izotec is moving swiftly towards achieving the following results:
- Estimated increase in Turnover: 25% increase in Turnover at the end of 2022 compared to baseline year 2019
- Estimated increase in net operational profit (EBIT): 290% (almost 400 000 Euro) at the end of 2022 compared to baseline year 2019
- Estimated annual decrease of CO2 emissions from 256,42 tons of CO2 (year 2019) to 209,63 tons of CO2 (2022).
While these project results present impressive hard facts, it is important to note that through the Grants and the acquiring of new equipment, Izotec is improving its working environment. Some operations will be executed with equipment and machines which will increase safety level for the workers operating them.
The SMEs Growth Programme in Romania
The project is supported by Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein through the EEA and Norway Grants. See more opportunities under the Romania - SMEs Growth Programme.