Romania: Efficient Manufacturing of Metal
Transilvania Advisors is a growing team of 10 people, with diverse backgrounds in electronics and automation, product management, business development. Its customers are located across the EU, in varied industries ranging from automotive industry to construction materials and machine building. Its representative customers are global names like Vernicolor, Faist Mekatronic, Eberspaecher Exhaust Technology, Drakuplast, Ebm-Papst.
Project Funded by Norway in Romania
The Business Development, Innovation and SMEs programme in Romania is funded by Norway and operated by Innovation Norway. Innovation Norway has an office in Bucharest which is in close contact with all the Romanian companies that are implementing projects. Innovation Norway talked to Transylvania Advisors about their project, and they said that:
"This project is very important for our company, it accelerates the natural step we are aiming for, to become an injection mold producer."
Transilvania Advisors was founded in 2012 and has expanded their operations to the European level. The company started by focusing on engineering and technical consuling activies, but later ventured into production with the use of high-performance equipment for mechanical manufacturing.
The project promoter explains.
"Within our project we acquired a state-of-the-art technology and an innovative 5-axis CNC milling center in order to produce more efficient parts in our company. The 5-axis milling machine gives us a completely new level of performance when it comes to manufacturing. It offers greater precision, being able to process more complex parts in a shorter time, will also reduce the CO2 footprint of our manufacturing process due to the larger capabilities of the machine."
"Thanks to the financial support of Norway Grants we were able to implement in full force. We highly recommend this funding scheme" says the CEO of the company.
Funding for New Equipment
Transilvania Advisors is offering metal products resulting from a manufacturing process which involves operations like cutting, bending, welding, and painting of metal parts. This project started with a technical analysis which found the need for a more advanced technical solution. The company received funding for an innovative 5-axis CNC milling center, to be able to produce more efficient metal parts.
The 5-axis milling machine offers greater precision and processes more complex parts in a shorter time. This allows the company to increase the number of products, increase the company’s competitiveness and make the process sustainable. See the results on competitveness and greening below.
The project will result in
- An annual growth in turnover of 45% at the end of 2024 compared to 2020
- An annual growth in net operational profit (EBIT) of 41% at the end of 2024 compared to 2020
- Four new jobs created
- An increaed in the annual collection of waste from production and operational processes for re-use or recycling from 5 tonnes in 2019 to 1.8 tonnes in 2023
- An annual decrease of CO2 emissions/equivalents from 11 tonnes of CO2 in 2019 to 9.56 tones of CO2 in 2023
- An annual decrease in energy consumption from 36 MWh/year in 2019 to 28 MWh/year in 2023
- An annual reduction in fuel consumption from 1000 litres in 2019 to 800 litres in 2023
- An annual decrease in the consumption of materials from 10 tonnes in 2019 to 7 tonnes in 2023
- An annual re-use or recycling / recover of materials from 5 tonnes in 2019 to 4 tonnes in 2023
- An annual decrease in the pollution / consumption of water from 40 000 litres in 2019 to 38 000
Hear from the project promoter Transylvania advisors in the video below.
The Business Development, Innovation and SMEs Programme in Romania
The project is supported by Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein through the EEA and Norway Grants. See more information under the Romania - SMEs Growth Programme (innovasjonnorge.no).