Romania: Superior environmental performance in the manufacturing of paper packaging
Flexomatei is a family-owned business producing paper packaging for all industries, whether it is the food, leather or textile industry. They operate in the Central-East part of Romania, in Vrancea County.
The EEA grant awarded within the SMEs Growth Programme in Romania has been instrumental in the increase in the production capacity of the company as it facilitated the purchasing of new equipment.
CEO Ciprian Matei: "The collaboration with Innovation Norway was very good as all requests for clarifications were heard and acted upon. We confidently recommend the EEA and Norway Grants to any company wishing to increase the competitiveness of their business"
For a video presentation of the company, please click on the image below:
Through the EEA and Norway Grants, Flexomatei was able to:
- Introduce new products in the applicant’s portfolio – transparent foil paper package;
- Become more efficient in their production processes as a result of investing in the paper packaging equipment and the paper cutting equipment;
- Reduce their energy consumption level 20% per year (equivalent of 2.52 MWh / year reduced);
- Reduce their waste (paper) production from operational process for re-use or recycling – 2 tones by 2021;
- Create 2 green jobs;
- Increase in the company’s turnover and market competitiveness with 49%;
- Increase in the company's profitability with over 50%.
The SMEs Growth Programme in Romania
The project is supported by Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein through the EEA and Norway Grants. See more opportunities under the Romania - SMEs Growth Programme.