Romania: Green innovation in textile factory production processes
Majutex is a Romanian company founded in 1991. The company produces fabrics, vertical blinds and textile rolls with the possibility to apply special treatments to fabrics. The company has partnered up with the Norwegian company International Development Norway for a project funded by the EEA and Norway Grants.
The project was initiated to improve the competitiveness of Majutex in the international market and to green the production process. It involves investment in new equipment, implementation of a green production line for textile products and realization of a research and innovation program focused on developing new, smart products.
Cooperation with Norway
For the project, Majutex has partnered up with the Norwegian company International Development Norway AS. IDN Norway has among other contributed analysis for the green production line and product life cycle assessment. The bilateral cooperation has allowed Majutex to understand and see the impact of investing and adopting a sustainable production business model.
Through this project, Majutex has modernized and improved the company technology and capabilities for producing textiles. Moreover, the company has improved the capacity for research and innovation and implemented a greener production process.
Results of the project
- Two, new full-time jobs were created
- Patent request documentation was prepared and submitted for 2 new products in the Majutex portfolio
- More efficient production processes
- Reduction of 4% (approx. 5000 kg) of yearly material consumption
- Reduction of 10% (approx. 1100 liters) of yearly fuel consumption
- Reduction of 2.5% (approx. 5600 liters) of yearly water consumption
- Increase of raw material re-use/recycling with 30% by 2021
- An increase in the company's profitability
- An increase in the company’s turnover and market competitiveness
The SMEs Growth Programme in Romania
The project is supported by Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein through the EEA and Norway Grants. See more opportunities under the Romania - SMEs Growth Programme.