Latvia - the Call for Project Proposals is Open
The open call text is available
The Open Call supports projects on green industry innovation and ICT for:
- Applying new products and technologies reducing environmental impact
- Applying ICT products in the production process through digitalisation or automation of manufacturing processes
The projects should introduce new product or technology into the production of the enterprise involved. They should also create new jobs, increase competitiveness and have an environmental impact.
Who can apply?
Any SME registered in Latvia. The applicants in Latvia is encouraged to apply for a project together with a partner from Norway.
Who can be partner?
A project partner, can be any entity in Norway or Latvia, public or private, commercial or non-commercial or non-governmental.
What is the partnership?
A partnership project is cooperation between entities in Latvia and Norwayon a project whcih contribute with substantial and relevant activities.
The cooperation should focus on knowledge transfer and R&D activities necessary for applying the new product and technology.
Note that the partner will not receive state aid through this call in Latvia. Only the costs of the partner for participating in the project will be covered by the project.
The total amount available is 8,5 million euro:
- 5,8 million euro for green industry innovation projects
- 2,6 million euro for ICT projects
Each project between 200,000 and 600,000 euro.
- New equipment, software, licences and patents, in green industry innovation for applying a new product or technology
- New equipment, software, licences and patents in ICT to introduce and apply the ICT products in the production process of the enterprise
- R&D activities to apply the new product and technology
- Knowledge transfer with the project partner in Norway
- Iinformation and communication activities;
- The receipt of an advance guarantee in a credit institution registered in the EU
Application and timing
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2021. The Latvian enterprise applies on behalf of the partners in the projects.
Projects can start in early 2022 and last until April 2024 at the latest.
Matchmaking on 29 April 2021
Latvian enterprises and Norwegian enterprises and R&D institutions are invited to a matchmaking event to connect with potential partners.
Partnership projects are prioritised in the open call.
Business Development, Innovation and SMEs Programme in Latvia
The Business Development, Innovation and SMEs programme in Latvia is supported by Norway through the Norway Grants.