International Internship Opportunity at Innovation Norway in Bucharest: Deadline 10 November
Innovation Norway is the Norwegian government’s most important actor to support business development and innovation. We offer capital and competence to make ideas and businesses develop and grow. With offices in every region in Norway and 24 countries around the world, we connect Norwegian solutions to the international market and partners.
The EEA and Norway Grants are Norway’s contribution to reducing social and economic disparities in Europe and strengthening cooperation with 15 countries in Europe, including Romania.
Innovation Norway’s office in Bucharest operates two programmes under the EEA and Norway Grants in Romania: the Business Innovation Programme and the Energy Programme. The programmes finance projects in Romania that includes cooperation with partners in Norway. This provides a diverse portfolio of projects with a focus on the green and digital transition as well as bilateral relations.
This spring is a particularly interesting time to work with the EEA and Norway Grants. The projects financed finalise in April 2024 and the focus will be on results from the cooperation, activities that strengthen bilateral cooperation and communication. Working with the EEA and Norway Grants gives an insight into both European and Norwegian priorities on the green transition and the work Norway does to strengthen bilateral relations in Europe. You can read more about the EEA and Norway Grants here.
This position offers a great opportunity to learn and contribute to this work. As an intern at Innovation Norway's Bucharest office, you are part of a dedicated team of seven colleagues in Bucharest and you cooperate closely with Oslo. You will start the internship at Innovation Norway’s office in Oslo and travel to Bucharest after two weeks. There will also be travel during the internship.
If you are a motivated and ambitious student looking to gain valuable experience in working abroad, with particular interest in Business, Innovation, Energy and EEA/EU policy, we encourage you to join our team in Bucharest. You will have the chance to develop skills tailored to their desires and interests.
Some examples of tasks for a Student Intern:
- Communications work
- Helping communicate the success of the EEA and Norway Grants period. Herein lies a great opportunity to develop new skills and platforms for communications.
- Data collection and analysis – as projects finalise, there is a need to analyse results.
- Report writing – both on project results and on areas of bilateral relations.
- Research gathering
- Providing research for events, reports or meetings on a range of different topics from EU programmes, energy, bilateral cooperation, startups and business in Romania.
- Event planning – Innovation Norway organises events to strengthen cooperation on topics within energy and innovation. Events in Romania, Norway or elsewhere in Europe are planned for 2024.
- Qualified for Erasmus+ Grants.
- Candidates must be part of a student program (Bachelor/ Master) at a Norwegian university, preferable i.e. Social Sciences (European Studies, Political Economy, Comparative Politics, Political Science), Engineering (green and digital industries) etc. (Some may qualify for Erasmus after finished bachelors with the intention to finish a masters)
- Fluency in Norwegian and English.
Desired personal skills:
- An effective communicator and good interpersonal skills.
- Dedicated team player and service minded.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter, able to produce results and manage own time in an effective manner.
- Flexible – the role will require an ability to work in many different areas, sometimes simultaneously.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to experience working in an international and multi-cultural setting with highly qualified colleagues in a global organization.
Funding during the internship:
- Innovation Norway will cover travel cost (return trip) between Norway and the relevant office location.
- Innovation Norway will provide a grant of NOK 4000/month during the internship
- Interns must qualify for Erasmus + grants. The rates pt are €560 per month. Contact your university’s Erasmus department for more information.
How to apply:
- Send an email with application and CV to [email protected]
- Application deadline: 10 November 2023.
- Please note that these internships are reserved for Erasmus+ students only
Do you have any questions regarding the position? Feel free to reach out to our current trainee Magnus on [email protected]